Sunday, 18 January 2015

String Quartet - Gig Plan - Grant

Equipment List


Audio - Technica ATM350
For the violins and violas I plan on using the Audio - Technica ATM350 wireless microphones. These microphones are small bud microphones that clip to the violin and viola and send a wireless signal to a receiver. I have chosen these microphones as it allows the players to move around and will not have an impractical wire running from the instrument. These microphones are also condensers with a cardioid polar pattern. This microphone has a clear and well balanced frequency response even at high SPL levels. It also has a 80hZ Hi-Pass filter which is great because it is used for many different instruments and this might be a nice feature to be able to cut off some of the lower frequencies. The polar pattern (Cardioid) picks up most efficiently from the front and side to protect against feedback.
Rode NTG3


For the Cello I am planning to use a Rode NTG3 which I have actually used as a shotgun microphone when shooting film. This microphone is a fantastically directional microphone using a hyper-cardoid polar pattern. This means that is picks up sound from the exact direction its pointing in due to its long and thin diaphragm it blocks a lot of sound out fr

om the back and sides. I have chosen to use this microphone to capture the cello because it will be able to take a good level of gain before feed-backing. I thought this would be a better choice over using an Audio - Technica ATM350 like on the other instruments because it will pick up the low end of a cello well to compliment the rich cello sound. I would have this microphone placed on a low stand pointing up towards the 'F' holes and where the bow meets the string. This will give you the best combination between the bowing attack sound and the warmth from the body of the cello.



Mackie ProFX12 Compact Effects Mixer





This is the mixer that I have chosen for this gig. Firstly as I am only using this desk for 4 microphones I have purposely used a small mixer to keep things simple. This desk also has in in built graphic EQ which saves me patching in a separate one. Each channel has its own EQ and pan. This desk is idea for a little gig of this size and will serve its purpose perfectly by also being very small and light.

HK Audio Premium PR:O Set 15A/18A

I have chosen this HK audio stack for a few reasons. This is an active set of speakers which means an external amp is not required this means there is less gear to carry. What's also great about this system is that it has enough power inorder to address 200 + people. This is why I chose this PA system.

























12x4 Snake Loom












I will be needing this snake inorder to help me run the microphone cables from the stage to the desk. This will also help me. Send the feed to the stage monitors and also the front of house PA using the returns.



















No comments:

Post a Comment