Introduction
I am an producer as well as a musician. My goals as a musician are to forward the work of my band creating new music. I have used some of our work for this project. My goals as a producer are to sharpen my skills and have a good understand of producing good records and know a good amount about it as in the career of a musician you are always going to be spending time a studio so it would be really good to understand the process well and be able to give educated opinions at any circumstance in my career. I would like to be able to happily know that I can work any console I come across and know the main feature and know that I can produce a great record. This is a great skill to have as it can earn you money in the future.
Realistically I see myself holding a few roles in the music industry as I think that these days its key. I don't think I will go full time into producing band are artists in a recording studio but I would like to get a good amount of experience in venues doing live sound as I have a greater interest in this at the moment and maybe working with a band pull time would be a really great way to get amazing at live sound.
I also see myself as a musician for a while playing drums in bands and recording and playing live gig is especially what I want to do.
I also have a massive passion for recording live performances which is the best of both worlds really. I think as a musician I will probably avoid a few genres as I think it can be hard to express yourself through an instrument when you are performing music you don't like. I am always open to new things so it really depends what it is at the time.
Content
The content of my EP will include some rock tracks that I have recorded with my band but also a folk track that I have started recording. I quite like the idea of recording folk as its very organic and acoustic and you can almost be very lazy when recording and mixing because you want the sound to be as fresh as possible.
Collaboration / Studio roles
I plan to work with a few of my class peers that can help me produce and engineer each session. I think they can bring music ideas to my project as well as engineering techniques they could enhance the track. I plan to use my band to record the parts for the song I have for them but I will probably record my brother for the folk track. I plan to use a few class peers to help the sessions run smoothly and make sure things are sounding on track.
Production teams
When recording the music performance students, depending on the size of the band, having around 3 people in the studio working as engineer and producer and spare pair of hands are always helpful when running large sessions. Making sure everything is ready to go and prepared as much as possible before the artists arrive this will help to make the session run smoothly. Possibly having Shai in the studio could be helpful to make sure everyone has what they need, the musicians are comfortable and ready to perform their best. Shai can also help with making sire the studio is well equipped and ready to have a large session run in it before the musicians arrive.
Equipment list
The equipment that we use will depend on the session, on who is playing, what genre and what you want the end result to sound like. its important to have a great equipment list before your start because then you know what you need and you already know who is using what and any engineer that is working that day will be able to see from plans made my the engineer and producer what microphones he wants and exactly how this record is going to be made.
Future plans
I will use the finish product as a very good demo CD that I can use as promotion and put on a list of experience that people are going to want to see if you are looking for studio work or engineering work. This will be a great tool for me as a musician as well as a producer. This will give you a strong sense of purpose when working on the music.
No comments:
Post a Comment