Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Buisness Plan - Chloe Herington

Business plan for a gig


My business plan is to put on a small gig.
I have made a list of everything that I think I will need to consider. I have then filled in the gaps as I go.

This will be a self funded project. Myself and the others involved will be paying for the costs that it will take to put in this show. This is only possible because the costs are not very high. If we were releasing an EP then we would find other ways to get the money because it would be too much to pay for ourselves. This could include a kick starter campaign or maybe getting a loan from the bank or a friend or family member.



SHOW PLANS

INFO
I have got my place, time and date sorted. This is really helpful because I can now focus on making the show good.

When: Saturday 16th August 2014

We have picked this date because its during the summer and people are in the mood for going out to events and seeing live music. This also a good date because its a saturday and people are more likely to be free on the weekend days.

Venue: Wallace Centre
This is a really great venue as its in the centre of my home town. People all know how to get there and its very easy to find. It’s also near the centre of town and people are more likely to show up to a gig that has an easy way to get in and out. There is also parking available for this venue, and lots of it. The logistics for getting people to the gig should be fairly straight forward.
The venue is only costing around £80 to hire. This doesn't include in-house lighting for sound.

Time: 7:15PM
Tickets: £5.00
We have decided to make the tickets £5 each as a universal cost. it doesn't matter where you buy your ticket it will be £5. This is not a harsh price as the evening will consist of 4 good bands over a 3 hour time slot.





Capacity: 150 MAX

We are limited on the size of the venue. 150 is not a huge amount of people but it does mean that we can make the room looked very full very easily which is much better than an empty room.

Who: TwentyOne.Ninety + Rivals & Idols + Wolf Girl + Josh Green

We have chosen this line up because all the artist can relate to a rock genre although we all have our own particular style and sound that keeps interest. People don't want to watch 4 bands that are all the same but 4 bands that play the same genre is different. I think the support bands have been selected carefully and well which will add to a great evening and attract more people to come.


______________________________________

RUNNING ORDER
GET IN 15:30
TWENTYONE.NINETY - 17:00 - 17:30
SOUNDCHECK BAND 2 - 17:40 - 18:00
SOUNDCHECK BAND 1 - 18:10 - 18:30
JOSH GREEN - 18:35 - 18:50
PREPARE FOR DOORS - 18:50 - 19:15

DOORS OPEN 7:15
19:15 - 19:35 - Josh Green
19:45PM - 20:15PM - Wolf Girl
20:30PM - 21:00PM - Rivals & Idols
21:15PM - 22:00PM - TwentyOne.Ninety




TECHNICAL PEOPLE

Sound - ANGUS GALLOWAY £50
On Stage Hands - Leo Ellis + Laurence Marks
Lighting - GPS: £75 - Alex Wintle
Video - FUTURE GENERATION FILMS - Free
Photography -  Chris Duffin - Free
Sound £50.00 + Hire

Lighting GPS £75.00

Sound Items for Hire
Stage Monitors X2
Cables
MultiCore
Guitar Amp Microphones
Stands
extension cables
DI
Equipment Already Owned:

PA System
2 Stage Monitors
Microphone Stands
At Least 4 VOX microphones
Mixer

All instruments will be brought by the bands and a drum kit will be brought by the headlining band.





Tickets

Tickets will be available for purchase in advance at the same price as on the door. They will be available to buy from several people who have tickets such as the band members.

Support bands have also been given 20 tickets each so they can bring along their friends. This is a very small event with a strict limit of 150 people. We want as many people to come but if we only promote to our fans then we will not gain new exposure. This is why I have given support acts tickets so they can bring in a new crowd.

Tickets are also available to buy online on our band camp page. Purchases online will be paid into a paypal account and a name will be given that can be quoted on the door.

I will put the Logos of the bands that are playing onto the ticket to help with marketing. This will make people remember similar logos from different places and they can relate them to good music if they ever see it again after the show.
















PROMOTION 

When putting on a show I think its very important that you promote your gig as much as possible to make sure that you will get a sell out show, or as close to it as possible. The capacity for this gig will be 150 people. These are the ways I am going to promote the show. 


 I have designed a flyer that will be printed and used to promote the show online as well as physically.
I have also designed a square version so that I can promote it on sites such as Instagram and it will fit the image size that it uses. 

I have also designed a flyer in the size of a Facebook cover photo so that when I make the Facebook event I can have a profession cover photo that all fits correctly.

This is also a good way of marketing the gig and the more of the same thing people see the more they will think its a good event and want come.

I have also made a promotional video to spread the word about the gig 





Facebook Event
Twitter #prowlep
















Here I have drawn up with the sound technician what the onstage set up will be on the day. This means I can stick to a plan and keep everything tidy and profession on stage which is important when putting on a show.









I have collected up the tech specs for all the acts so I can be efficient with gear and I can be organised and speed up the change over times. By having all the information I means I get be organised and make sure I have enough equipment and make sure all the bands bring the right equipment.



Promo - Video
Flyers 1000 - £20



As part of the promotion I have made a map that people can use with location of the venue on it to find it. 
Making sure that people have every bit of information possible to make it as easy for them to get to the event which will give them more enthusiasm to show up. 























Communication








I have collected up all the email addresses for the support bands so that I can email them all the relevant information as and when needed to make sure everyone knows what needs to happen to make the gig go right.















PRE- SHOW RUNNING ORDER

GET IN 15:30 - SOUNDCHECK

TWENTYONE.NINETY - 17:00 - 17:30

RIVALS & IDOLS - 17:40 - 18:00

WOLF GIRL - 18:10 - 18:30

JOSH GREEN - 18:35 - 18:50

PREPARE FOR DOORS         - 18:50 - 19:15


DOORS OPEN 19:15 



F.O.H INFORMATION
Merch
There will be a table for merchandise where the bands can sell their music t-shirts etc. This is always a good idea if you can make a merch table available because it gives fans a chance to meet the band and make their promotional items possible for purchase which people really like because it can be classed as a souvenir.

Tickets
There will be 2 people on the door dealing with all tickets making sure everyone pays for a tickets and shows their wrist bands when they show up for the gig. We have coloured wristbands that are a ticket equivalent. People who want to buy a ticket in advance or online then they will receive a wristband which will let them in for the whole night. 


There will be drinks available. There is a no alcohol policy at this venue so we can only sell soft drinks. Below is the list of drinks available.

Water £1.00
Coke £1.50
Sprite £1.50

No comments:

Post a Comment